One of our CRM customers who uses CRM outlook client started getting really slow response since last week or so…
This could be due to many reasons but one of reason for slowness is auto tagging incoming emails, CRM 4.0 by default processes 1000 emails in outlook inbox.
These settings can be altered by creating registry key on client side and if you change this value to around 20 and this should improve performance considerably because now CRM tagging engine will look for last 20 emails that came in to outlook rather last 1000.
Following is registry key settings which needs to be altered for the same..
The value in this registry entry sets the minimum number of items that the auto-tagging feature will process in the crawl mode. When a folder contains fewer items than the value in the registry entry, the auto-tagging feature will process items in the search mode. The default value is 1,000.
The value in this registry entry sets the maximum number of items that the auto-tagging feature will process in the crawl mode in a particular folder. The default value is 1,000.
Change the registry key as mentioned in following steps…
1. On Client System, Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
3. To create a new registry entry, right-click MSCRMClient, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Change the name of the registry entry to TagMinItemsForCrawl and set value as 0.
5. Similarly create new registry entry TagAllowedItemsForCrawl and set value to 25.
6. Restart Client outlook .
Hope this helps..