Recently while importing customization from one environment to another I started getting following exception.
“Failure: : Invalid Argument”
we also checked logged error on Event log and this import was logging following error..
“Customization Import failed. Error: Attribute Display Name not specified”
After few trial and error we were able to resolve the issue.
There are two ways to resolve this.
1. Make sure all entities are published on source system and then extract entities again and then try putting in to destination system and see if this works…
(This method is preferred)
2. Other method is to export only entities which had issue while importing on destination. Then open Export XML and then locate relevant field name and that field name will have tag. If you update this tag with some text then that should also resolve this issue.
(see below screen print)
Hope this helps..